Sunday, April 10, 2016

What to give as a graduation gift!

I was blessed by a ton of people, and I got some pretty amazing graduation gifts! I get asked all the time what my favorites were, or what someone should give to a graduating girl, so I figured I'd list my favorite items and which ones I get the most use out of! 



Monogrammed Blanket

I got two or three of these, and I love them! What you don't think about, is when you're at home, you have a whole linen closet full of blankets & sheets, but when you are setting out on your own, you're basically starting fresh from everything! I have my blanket stack in my apt & I use one daily! Be sure to get a soft one, and if you get a print, I'd double check to see what their room theme is! 
Here are some of my favs:

Right: JCPenney (my personal FAV)



-Towel Wrap (Monogram it!)

I got a shower wrap that I used every single day in the dorm! We had community showers, so this was basically a must! The one that I received was a simple white wrap from Target that they got embroidered with BU & my initials! So cute & something that will be used on the daily!



-Bed Bath & Beyond Gift Cards

This is the holy grail of gift cards when it comes to leaving for college! This is basically where you will buy your next year of life... No, really. Keurig. Sheets. Mattress topper (because these things cost $400! Who knew?!) Towels. Vacuum. Any kitchen supplies. Any bathroom supplies. Honestly, the "beyond" covers everything you could imagine!

Bed Bath Beyond Link


-Perfume

This is not your typical thing you think of to give someone graduated, BUT, this honestly was one of my FAV gifts. Why? Because this is more personal. The person had to put thought into picking out a scent. And, perfume can get expensive, and the last thing a college student has mid year is money to go buy some nice perfume. I JUST ran out of the perfume I got as a graduation present, and that perfume is now my favorite scent! This is such a great idea!

-FOOD (gift cards)

This was a gift that at the time, I was like oh yay food. But, at the time, living under the same roof as your parents, you typically eat together, so free food isn't as big of a deal. Once you get into college & you've had the cafeteria for a week, you'll do anything to get other free food! This is when that slew of gift cards comes in handy! To this day, I still have some of these! A really cute idea is to make a basket, and glue the gift cards to "sticks" & display it like that!

-May Designs Day Planner

This is a thoughtful and useful gift! I received one of these the summer before starting school & I quickly filled the pages up! The reason I recommend May Designs is because they offer customization at a very affordable price along with being durable! These planners are my fav because they don't add any extra weight to your backpack and they easily fit in any size purse, so I always know what I have going on! If you don't have a day planner I'm not sure how you are functioning!


May Designs

-Dorm Supply Basket

I was gifted a basket full of any and every school supply I could need, and this was perfect! I hadn't even thought of buying supplies to fill my desk up with! With everything from a stapler, to tape, to pencils, to pens, I still use these items to date!

           
Kate Spade Stapler
Ban.Do Pens

-Dorm Room Supplies 

-Apple TV- this allows you access to all of your favorites like Netflix, Hulu, ESPN, ABC Watch and your iTunes library, because chances are you're not going to have that great of cable in the dorm! I use this in my apt now to catch up on my latest shows, weeks after they've aired!
-Shower caddy full of goods such as shower gel, loofah, lotion etc is a great gift that will for sure be used! It's nice to spoil yourself with good soap in a common shower....
-A good pair of lounge pants and a cute but comfy top is something you will find yourself wearing more days than not! Invest in comfy clothes because that's what college is all about!
-A cute and personalized laundry hamper and towels are worth monogramming, because you'll likely be doing your laundry in a common area with other people, so having your name on your items is great so no one gets away with your basic colored towels! 


-Cold. Hard. CASH. 

This right here. My heart. BUT- if you have a good momma like me, she makes you put it in savings! I was able to purchase those "must have" items to go to school, with the money I received from graduation instead of blowing it as I got it. I "had" to have a North Face backpack with a monogram, monogrammed pillows, monogrammed decor (do you get the theme?? southern...) so this is when having some money set aside is nice, because you can splurge! 

-Christian. Louboutin....

Now this isn't your typical gift, but I had to throw this in here. This is hands down, my absolute favorite, most cherished, and fabulous gift that I received! If ya really wanna give a girl what she's dying for, just take her to the Loub boutique... (No lie, the best gift!)

Because they're beautiful.. Lady Peep.


I hope these are some helpful hints & tips on what to get the graduates this year! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

5 Ways to Spark Your Health & Fitness Lifestyle!

Top: Old, Old Navy. Similar  /  Similar . Leggings: Lululemon . Similar / Similar (on sale). Tennis Shoes: Nike  ( on sale here) .   Simil...